Searching for Hotels
- How many hotels can I search for on eLong.net?
- How can I find a hotel in a specific area of the city where I want to stay?
- How can I find a place to stay with specific amenities or bed arrangements?
- Why are some hotel prices not listed?
- Why do some hotels not accept foreign guests?
- Are taxes and fees included in the rate? Are there any hidden charges in your rates?
- How can I find the lowest-priced hotels?
- Why has the rate changed since my previous hotel search?
- How do I get the sample rates I saw in your newsletter, website, or advertisements?
- What is eLong's "lowest room rate" guarantee
- How can I receive the most reward points for my reservation?
- What are 360-degree Virtual Tour hotels?
- What are eLong Picks hotels?
- What are Credit Card Guarantee hotels?
- What determines a hotel's star rating? What is the eLong Rating System?
Booking a Hotel Reservation
Hotels, properties, city areas
1. How many hotels can I search on eLong.net?
We are adding hotels every day, so the number is constantly increasing. Through eLong.net, you currently have access to over 12,000 hotels in more than 450 cities across China (including Hong Kong and Macau). We also offer reservation services for over 110,000 international hotels in more than 200 destinations worldwide.
2. How can I find a hotel in a specific area of the city where I want to stay?
You can use our search tools, by doing any of the following: To search by city name, check one of the top 20 cities in the "Choose the city" field or enter a different city name (e.g. "Lhasa"). You can then filter the results by selecting the dropdown list of commercial and administrative areas within many cities. To search by attraction, enter an attraction name to find hotels near a specific place (e.g. "Huangshan"). If you prefer to talk to an eLong agent, please call us at 4006-171717 (inside mainland China) or +86-10-8457-7827 (in other areas around the world).
3. How can I find a place to stay with specific amenities or bed arrangements?
When you search for hotels, the ??earch Results??page will usually allow you to see detailed information such as amenities, hotel services, location, etc. You can then choose the hotel most suitable for you, based on the amenities that each hotel offers (e.g. swimming pool, in-room kitchen, proximity to golf courses or access to the beach). Please note that some amenities are not included in your eLong special rate and may incur additional fees (e.g. use of the fitness center, business center, spa visits).
4. Why are some hotel prices not listed on the eLong web site?
These may be hotels that are not yet able to accept foreign guests. In other cases, particular hotels may change their prices so frequently that we recommend contacting our call center to obtain the latest rates.
5. Why do some hotels not accept foreign guests?
Before hotels in China can accommodate foreigners, they need to pass a government inspection and be set-up to have their staff visit their local PSB office to obtain an official visitor permit for every foreign guest for each night of their stay. Not all hotels have made these arrangements. As a result, these hotels are not yet able to accommodate foreign guests. However, they may be listed on our Chinese site, so if you have a Chinese friend help you make hotel reservations, ask them to check that the hotel can receive foreign guests.
1. Are taxes and fees included in the rate? Are there any hidden charges in your rates?
All prices shown are special negotiated rates between eLong and each hotel. The price usually includes the room fee and service fees, but excludes any optional items like parking fees, resort fees, convention fees, etc. If you use these services, the fees will be paid directly to the hotel, usually upon check-out.
2. How can I find the lowest-rate hotels?
Search results are first arranged in order of eLong Picks. This means that eLong provides the best value for these hotels. If you want to find lower-rate hotels, you can find other sorting options along the top of the page. If you choose to sort the list by price, the page will be refreshed automatically.
3. Why has the rate changed since my previous hotel search?
Hotel rates change constantly, depending on seasons, availabilities, and market pressures of supply and demand. Our rooms move fast, so we advise you to act quickly when you see a rate you like, or you risk losing it. Hotel prices are subject to these changing availabilities and therefore cannot be guaranteed until a reservation is complete. It is possible, for example, for someone else to grab the last room at the quoted price before you have finished your booking process.
4. How do I get the sample rates I saw in your newsletter, website, or advertisements?
The best way to take advantage of the lowest rates advertised is to reserve early. Supplies are limited and China has many people, so special deals of any kind often sell really fast.
5. What is eLong's "lowest room rate" guarantee?
If a customer reserves a hotel through the eLong website/call center, receives confirmation via SMS or e-mail, and checks into a hotel at the eLong rate but finds that the eLong rate exceeds the hotel rack rate then they will be refunded triple the amount of the price difference.
6. How can I receive the most reward points for my hotel reservation?
Reservations for domestic hotels made through our web site online will always receive the most reward points, due to the higher multiplier factor. Basic members receive 2 times the reward points for reserving online; VIP members receive 3 times the points, and Elite members receive 4 times the basic points if they make their reservations online. See membership loyalty point program rules at: http://www.elong.net/square/en/
1. What are 360-degree Virtual Tour hotels?
Our 360-degree Virtual Tour feature allows you to view hotel rooms and properties with 360-degree panoramic camera angles. You get clear pictures of what the hotel looks like, thus enabling you to plan your accommodations with greater ease. We take extra precautions to make sure hotel realities are presented in their natural condition. To use this feature, click on the camera icon and you will be directed to the hotel's virtual tour page. Please note that not all hotels feature virtual tours, but they are currently available in more than 12 cities.
2. What are eLong Picks hotels?
eLong Picks hotels are based on a combination of hotel features such as location, amenities, services, as well as value for your money. We also factor in post-trip traveler feedback and up-to-date surveys to make sure hotel picks are relevant and objective.
3. What are Credit Card Guarantee hotels?
Due to the short supply of rooms in some hotels, a credit card guarantee may be required in order to ensure your reservation. After verifying your card information, your room will be held until 12:00 noon of the day following your scheduled check-in date. You will then be charged for the first day whether or not you check in on time. Please note that different cancellation and change policies will apply to your booking, so we strongly advise you to contact our Customer Service call center at least 24 hours before your check-in time if you need to change or cancel your reservation.
4. What determines a hotel's star rating? What is the eLong Rating System?
We try to take an objective approach to rating hotels, and consider a wide variety of factors, including ratings from China National Tourism Administration, independent rating systems, media recognition, and post-trip surveys of our customers. All these points of data are plugged into a weighted formula to calculate our star rating. Our standards fall into the following categories: 5 Stars: The finest hotels characterized by luxury appointments, superlative service, and the highest standards of comfort. 4 Stars: These upscale establishments usually offer a fine-dining restaurant, lounge and room service. 3 Stars: Three-star establishments place a greater emphasis on style, comfort, and personalized service. 2 Stars: These limited-service establishments are expected to offer clean, basic accommodations. 1 Star: A one-star establishment offer no-frills accommodations for the budget traveler. Half Star: A hotel appraised between two star ratings. Budget hotel: A hotel offering a reasonable price and clean accommodations. Serviced apartment: A hotel that offers accommodations according to apartment living standards. No rating: These are simply hotels that have not yet been rated.